How do I find the location of registered sex offenders?

The New Hampshire State Police website has the registry on line at http://www.egov.nh.gov/nsor/

What are the Winter Parking Ban requirements?

Effective November 01 through May 01 each year, NO parking shall be permitted on any town road or town maintained road between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. or anytime during storms and related town operations for snow and ice removal and control. The parking ban shall be in effect seven days a week.

How do I pay a parking ticket?

You can pay your parking ticket at the police department.  The police department accepts checks or cash.

How do I pay a traffic citation?

You can pay traffic citations online at http://www.nh.gov/payticket.

How do I arrange to pick up evidence that the police department is holding?

You can call the police department non-emergency number, 603-624-1560 and ask for the evidence officer.  You can then make arrangements with the officer for evidence pick up.

Does the police department offer a fingerprinting service?

Yes. You can call the non-emergency number, 603-624-1560 to schedule an appointment.  There is a $10.00 fee for the service payable by check or cash.  These services are offered for any resident of the Town of Hooksett or any employee candidate for the Hooksett School District.

I need a criminal background check for employment; does the police department offer that service?

No, however, you can contact the New Hampshire State Police, criminal records division.   This link provides additional information http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/crimrecords/index.html.

How to I obtain a copy of my motor vehicle record?

The New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles provides driver records, you need to  complete a Release of Motor Vehicle Records (DSMV 505) form and  bring it to the DMV, or mail the completed form along with the applicable fee to:

NH Dept. of Safety
DMV – FR Driving Records
23 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH  03305

How to I report a traffic crash?

If you pass by or are involved in a serious crash, call 911 and provide as much detail as possible such as the location, number of vehicles involved and if anyone has been injured.

If  the combined damage is less than $1,000 you can fill out the state accident form yourself and mail it to the Department of Safety.


Does the Hooksett Police Department provide gun locks?

Yes, gun safety is important.  You can obtain a free gun lock at the front desk of the police department during normal business hours.


Should I register my alarm with the police department?

Yes. as there is an ordinance that governs alarm systems.  You should file the information with the department by filling out the alarm permit application form.  The form can be downloaded from the “forms page” or picked up in the police department lobby.  Once the form is complete it can be dropped of during normal business hours.   The Hooksett Police Department treats all alarm responses as serious calls for service.  In the event more than two false alarms occur within a calendar year a fee will be assessed on the third false alarm call.  The fee schedule is set forth in town ordinance 00-27 section 13.

Is it possible to register my bicycle?

Yes, you can come to the police department lobby and pick up the registration form.  Once completed the form can be dropped off during normal business hours.   The cost for the sticker is $.50

Does the Hooksett Police Department check child safety seats?

Yes. You can call the non-emergency number 603-624-1560.  Be prepared to share the age, height and weight of the child along with the make, model and date of manufacture of the car seat.  Seat checks can take up to 45 minutes per seat allowing for a proper review of the seat and time for you to learn the correct installation process.

How do I register emergency information for my business?

The department has an Emergency Business Information Card that you can fill out.  This card can be be picked up at the police department lobby and once completed can be dropped off during normal business hours.